1. The name of all the continents in English end with the same letter that they start with.
2. There are only four words in the English language which end in “-dous”: tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
3. The word “lethologica” describes the state of not being able to remember the word you want.
4. In English, “four” is the only digit that has the same number of letters as its value.
5. The word “trivia” comes from the Latin “trivium” which is the place where three roads meet, a public square. People would gather and talk about all sorts of matters, most of which were trivial.
6. TYPEWRITER, is the longest word that can be made using the letters only one row of the keyboard.
7. The sentence “the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog” uses every letter in the English language.
8. Seoul, the South Korean capital, just means “the capital” in the Korean language.
9. The longest word in the English language, according to the Oxford English Dictionary is:- pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. The longest non-medical word in the English language is FLOCCINAUCINIHILIPILIFICATION, which means “the act of estimating as worthless”.
10. “Underground” is the only word in English that begins and ends with the letters “und.”
11. The salutation ‘good bye’ came from God bye which came from God be with you.
12. There are no words in the English language that rhyme with month, silver, purple or orange.
13. Rhythm is the longest English words without vowels.
14. Clans of long ago that wanted to get rid of their unwanted people without killing them would burn their houses down – hence the expression “to get fired.”
15. When the stars are out, they are visible. When the lights are out, they are invisible.
16. How can ‘A Slim Chance’ and ‘A Fat Chance’ be the same?
17. Why are ‘A Wise man’ and ‘A Wise guy’ opposites?
18. How can ‘You’re so cool’ and ‘You’re not so hot’ be different?
19. Boxing rings are square.
20. There is no egg in eggplant nor ham in hamburger; neither apple nor pine in pineapple.
МЫ ДАРИМ 2 ПЕРВЫХ РЕГУЛЯРНЫХ УРОКА СОВЕРШЕННО БЕСПЛАТНО!
(ДА-ДА, ИМЕННО 2 ПОЛНОЦЕННЫХ 45 МИНУТНЫХ УРОКА, А НЕ ПРОБНЫХ, КАК У ДРУГИХ!)